Monday, September 19, 2011

Cleaning

When my first daughter was 14 weeks old a friend dropped by to visit.  She found an impecible house, dinner already made and me out gardening wearing an apron and gloves.

I think that she was worried. 

I was quite bored.  I'd feed the baby, put on the washing, do the dishes then put her down for her morning nap.  While napping I'd exercise, shower then prepare dinner.  I'd nap in the afternoon, my husband would come home and then it would all start again the following day.

It is so different with two.  The morning trip to creche can be a thirty minute round trip (going well).  There is a lot more washing and dishes to do.  The house is no longer tidy as we have a four year old!  The baby does not sleep half as well as her big sister did.  The day is a lot busier, with a lot less time to maintain the house.

I've had to let go a little bit.  A lot actually.  If things are hygienic I'm mostly happy.  I still cringe when visitors drop by and see crap everywhere.  But it is a reality of parenthood and there isn't much I can do about it.  When I can't stand looking at a sea of toys I find that it is time to get out the pram and take the kids for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment